Can survivors be therapists – and even be better at it? This interview is re-broadcast from Madness Radio. Jacks McNamara – poet, trauma healing coach, and co-founder of The Icarus Project – joins Will Hall – advocate, counselor and founder of Madness Radio – to discuss the calling to become a therapist/counselor/coach inspired by their own struggles and survivor mutual aid. Topics discussed include
-What makes a “good therapist”?
-Is mutual aid and friendship enough or do we need professional healers?
-How does sharing your trauma and oppression with clients affect working as a therapist?
-What about licensing and credentials – can they get in the way of truly helping people?
-And is a therapist at heart a wounded healer?
Find Will Hall and Madness Radio online:
- On the web: https://willhall.net/
- Madness Radio on the web: https://www.madnessradio.net/
- Will on twitter: @willhall
- Free book download: Outside Mental Health, http://www.outsidementalhealth.com/
Find Jacks McNamara online:
- On the web: https://jacksmcnamara.net
- On Instagram: @jacksmcnamara
- Jacks’ book of poetry, Inbetweenland: https://jacksmcnamara.net/inbetweenland-book/
The Big Queer Poetry Class
- Details and registration at https://jacksmcnamara.net/spring-2022-big-queer-poetry-class. Use the discount code SoManyWings to get 10% off if you register before February 8th.
Links to So Many Wings’ social media and website