Join us for a conversation with L.D. Green, in which we discuss their contributions in radical mental health movements, the anthology We’ve Been Too Patient, which they co-edited with Kelechi Ubozoh, and their practice as a writer.
Topics we discuss include:
- Labels and language in radical mental health movements.
- Representation of queer and trans folks and people of color in the anthology
- Time travel and madness in speculative fiction and science fiction
About LD Green:
LD Green is a non-binary writer, performer and educator. They have been published in Salon, The Body is Not an Apology, Mad in America, TruthOut, and elsewhere. They co-edited and contributed to We’ve Been Too Patient: Voices from Radical Mental Health, Stories and Research Challenging the Biomedical Model with Kelechi Ubozoh published by North Atlantic books and distributed by Penguin Random House in 2018. A former member of the Icarus Project and a former poetry slam champion, they are a Lambda Literary Fellow in Fiction and write and enjoy science fiction and fantasy. They are assistant professor of English and creative writing at Los Medanos College in the Bay Area of California.
Find LD Green online:
On the web:
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lizdegreen
- On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leoninetales/
- On Twitter: https://twitter.com/ldgreen79
Links to relevant resources:
- Not Confused, Not Crazy: On Being A Non-Binary Radical Mental Health Advocate: https://medium.com/pulpmag/not-confused-not-crazy-on-being-a-non-binary-radical-mental-health-advocate-7a33ae536207
- Essay by LD Green: “We’ve Been Too Patient: How to Create Mutual Aid Relationships in the 21st Century.”
- America's mental health system may be unfixable. Fortunately, there's an alternative: https://www.salon.com/2019/06/22/americas-mental-health-system-may-be-unfixable-fortunately-theres-an-alternative/
- Mental Health Comedy Hour: https://downtownsantacruz.com/do/the-mental-health-comedy-hour
- Essay by Kelechi Ubozoh: “Re-imagining Self-Care for Black Folks.” https://kelechiubozoh.com/2020/06/04/reimagining-self-care/
Links to So Many Wings’ social media and website
On the web: https://somanywings.org
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/somanywingspodcast
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/somanywingspodcast
On Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/join/somanywingspodcast