Join us for a conversation with emiko yoshikami where we discuss her contributions to The Icarus Project, her practice of Buddhism, and her work in surrogate partner therapy. Topics we discuss include:
- Critiques of “mental health” and biomedical understandings of “mental illness”
- Experiences of deep empathy and burnout in meaningful work
- Reliance on intuition and spiritual exploration in the fight for social justice
emiko lovingly identifies as a queer, crazy, half-breed, ho. She is interested in how our lives are made meaningful through language and the stories we tell. Through Buddhist wisdom and political engagement, emiko is committed to co-creating a more just and compassionate world. She lives in a small flat in San Francisco with 3 other housemates.
Find emiko online:
On the web: healingintimacy.org
Links to relevant resources:
- Wilda White on how racism is maintained through the conflation of criminality and mental illness.
- CNN documentary on surrogate partner therapy featuring emiko.
Links to So Many Wings’ social media and website
On the web: https://somanywings.org
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/somanywingspodcast
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/somanywingspodcast
On Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/join/somanywingspodcast